Knowledge Base – 7. Tickets
In this article, you will learn about the following:
- List view
- Plan view
- Document view
- Upload documents
- Create ticket
- Ticket detail view
- Export reports or list of defects
- Find Tickets
- Create filter
- Edit Ticket
In the main menu „Tickets“, you have an overview of all tickets assigned or created by you.
PlanRadar has two different options to view your tickets. In general, the list view is displayed. It shows an overview of the tickets in a list format. Regardless of the view type, you can sort and filter tickets.
- Use this button to create new tickets (see „Create ticket“ for more information).
- Here you can filter according to the layouts you created (see also „LAYOUTS & LISTS“).
- You can create, save or edit filters (For details see „Create filter“).
- Through the search bar you can filter for any keywords.
- Select available projects or switch to another project.
- Go to the details of the selected project (see „PROJECTS“).
- Here you can select a level or a floor. To see the tickets of all levels, go to the list view (see „List view“ for detailed information) and select „layer“, „all“.
- Switch between list or plan view.
- See notifications.
- Export ticket list as PDF or Excel file (see „Export reports or list of defects“ for detailed information).
- Show / Hide columns
For better illustration tickets are categorized in color:
Red = Ticket open
Blue = Ticket in Progress
Green = Ticket resolved
Yellow = Feedback
Black = Rejected
Grey = Ticket closed
2. List view
- Hide / Show columns: Clicking on this icon will bring up a drop-down menu. Here you can use checkboxes to select or deselect which ticket details you want displayed or hidden.
- Multiple selection: These checkboxes allow you to edit all or selected tickets at the same time.
- In the list view, you can directly change “Status”, “Priority”, “Due date”, “Asignee” and “Progress” without having to open the ticket. To do so, click on either the status, the priority, the person in charge or the progress and use the drop-down menu or the progress bar to set the new status.
- In addition, you can sort them by ascending or descending order by clicking on one of the displayed categories / ticket details (ID, title, status, priority, etc.).
3. Plan view
The plan view allows you a visual overview of the plan position of your tickets (see „Plan view“), you can filter tickets, select layers and floors, and search for terms. You can also change the project progress, the status, the priority, and the person responsible directly in the plan view. To do this, click on the respective ticket, whereupon a menu appears, in which you can directly make the changes without having to change to the ticket view
Additionally, you have the following buttons for faster editing:
Download ticket details as a PDF report: Click this button if you want to view the document. Once you click on the download icon, the document will automatically open up for you to view.
Copy to clipboard: Click this button if you want to copy this ticket. All information and properties of the copied ticket will be taken over. This allows you to create tickets even faster.
Determine plan position: Click this button if you want to move the pin to another position on the plan.
Delete: : Click on this button, if you want to delete the document. Thereupon a pop-up window will appear, in which you have to confirm or cancel the deletion.
4. Document View
Additionally, you have the following buttons for faster editing:
Download: Click this button if you want to view the document. Once you click on the download icon, the document will automatically open up for you to view.
Edit: Click on this button if you want to get into the detail settings to make changes.
Delete: Click on this button, if you want to delete the document. Thereupon a pop-up window will appear, in which you have to confirm or cancel the deletion.
5. Upload documents
- To upload a document, click on „Add new document“.
- In the apparent view, click on „Add documents“ again. Select the document to be uploaded (you can also select multiple documents at the same time) and click on “Open”. Alternatively, you can also add the documents via drag & drop.
- You will immediately see the selected documents in the selection window, as well as in the background, and you can also rename them. If you leave the “Title” field empty, it will automatically adopt the file name.
- In addition, you can select the plane to which you want to assign the document.
- Lastly click on „Save“.
6. Create ticket
- To create a ticket, go to the navigation bar and click on „Tickets“
- Click on the „Create ticket“-Button in the upper left corner.
The detailed view appears in which you can enter all information.
ALTERNATIVE! If there is a plan, click with the right mouse button on the plan, with the left mouse button move the pin to the desired position and confirm the position with the green tick.
7. Ticket detail view
- Ticket Layout: Here you select the ticket layout you want to use for this ticket (for more information see “TICKET LAYOUTS & LISTS”.
- Component: Here you select the floor or the level in which the defect is located via the drop-down menu. To the right you will also find a “pin” symbol. With a mouse click you get to the plan view in which you can define the plan position.
- Parent Ticket: The parent ticket serves to be able to assign several defects (so to say sub-tickets) to a main defect (parent ticket). Using the drop-down menu, you select an already existing ticket for your parent ticket or create your own which you want to assign to the defect.
- Title: With the progress bar you set the degree of completion of the deficiency. To do this, click with the mouse on the controller of the progress bar and keep it pressed to move it.
- Progress: With the progress bar you set the degree of completion of the deficiency. To do this, click with the mouse on the controller of the progress bar and keep it pressed to move it.
- Status: Here you can select the respective status in the drop-down menu by clicking on the input field: “Open”, “In progress”, “Feedback outstanding”, “Rejected”, “Completed”.
- Priority: Here you classify the priority of the defect and select between: Low, Medium and High.
- Assignee: Click on the drop-down menu to select the person responsible for the defect. The listed names are created under the menu item “User” and assigned to the project (for more information see „USER“)
- Watcher: Here you can select one of the listed users by clicking on the dropdown menu to allow the user to be an observer.
- Due date: Click on the calendar icon to set a due date for the defect to be rectified by the assignee.
- Create Subticket: With this button you have the option of creating a corresponding subordinate ticket directly in the opened ticket.
- Delete Ticket
- Save / Save & Close
- PDF-Export: In the ticket detail view, you have the option of exporting a summary of the defect as a PDF. To do this, click on the “Download” icon in the top right corner. A drop-down list appears, in which you can choose to create the report without or according to a template. Templates are only suggested if you have already created some under the menu item “Templates”. (see „TEMPLATES“ for more information).
- Next / Previous Ticket
- Close ticket
ANNOTATION! This feature is very helpful, especially in the case of serious deficiencies, which usually cause several subsequent defects.
TIP! When selecting a title, keep in mind that you select terms that you may want to search for or filter later on. (In the case of frequently occurring defects, it makes sense to supplement the title with additional information, such as the location of the defect – for example: crack in the wall, 1st floor).
TIP! If it turns out that a time limit is required to complete the ticket, you must first activate the check mark for “Acceptance period” under “TICKET LAYOUTS & LISTEN” in the “Complete until” field. Only then you have the option of a grace period. In addition to the grace period, the system automatically shows you how often this has been extended. NOTE! Additional ticket fields and attributes: Under “TICKET LAYOUTS & LISTEN” you can add further fields and attributes!
TIP! If it turns out that a time limit is required to complete the ticket, you must first activate the check mark for “Acceptance period” under “TICKET LAYOUTS & LISTEN” in the “Complete until” field. Only then you have the option of a grace period. In addition to the grace period, the system automatically shows you how often this has been extended.
NOTE! Additional ticket fields and attributes: Under “TICKET LAYOUTS & LISTEN” you can add further fields and attributes!
To assign photos to a ticket, proceed as follows:
- Select the „Images“-Tab.
- Click the „“-Button. On your computer, select the images you want to upload.When finished click on „Save“
To record a voice message for a ticket, proceed as follows:
- Choose the „Audio“-Tab.
- Click on the desired voice message. Forwarding or rewinding is possible by dragging the bar with your mouse´.
To assign documents to a ticket, proceed as follows:
- On the left side of the ticket view, select the tab „Docs“.
- Click the „“-button. On your computer, select the photos you want to upload. Alternatively, you can also add documents by dragging and dropping.
Here the written exchange of information takes place between ticket creator and contractor. All comments, uploads of media (photos, voice messages) are recorded chronologically and permanently. Subsequent deletion of comments is no longer possible after clicking on the “Send / reply button”.
All changes and comments to the ticket are logged. Current updates to the tickets (eg “done”, “change of deadline”, etc.) and system notifications (eg: plan upload) are displayed here. You can choose to show only the log, the comments, or both.
NOTE! On the right side of the ticket view you can see not only the actions applied to the ticket in chronological order, but also have an additional filter function to choose which attributes (Comments, Images, Audio recordings, Protocol) to show or hide.
8. Export reports or list of defects
You have the option to generate a list of all tickets as a PDF or XLS file. To do this, proceed as follows:
- To do this, open the drop-down list by clicking on the arrow symbol in the upper right corner.
- Select whether to export the list in PDF or Excel format. Photos, text and layout are exported to every defect.
9. Find Tickets
To access tickets, first go to the “Tickets” menu. You will see a list of all tickets that you can access with a mouse click. There are in general 3 ways to filter for tickets. You can narrow down the list by ticket layout (see „LAYOUTS & LISTS“), custom filters (see „Create filter“) and quick search (see “List view” or “Plan view”) to find and easily edit your tickets.
- Open the drop-down menu for ticket types or
- Open the drop-down menu for the custom filters or
- Enter a search term in the quick search bar
10. Create filter
You can also create your own filters. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Click on “Filter” in the menu bar and then on “Create filter”. A window with the options will appear on the right.
- Name the filter. (f.e: Inspection from 04/19/2018)
- Visibility – Select whether the filter should be visible to all project participants, in-house users or only to you.
- Choose Filter-attributes (f.e.: Date = 04/19/2018). You can also add more filter criteria.
- Save Filter.
- To edit the filter, select the existing filter in the drop-down list “Filter” and then click on “Edit filter”.
11. Edit Ticket
To edit a previously created ticket, click on the ticket ID in the list view to get to the ticket details or directly via the ticket view as described in “List View” and “Plan View”. To do this, first go to the “Tickets” menu via the navigation bar and then proceed as follows:
- Click on the ticket you want to edit.
- Proceed with your changes. (For detailed information see „Ticket detail view“)
- If available, here you can see all Sub-tickets assigned to the Parent-ticket. By clicking on it you will be taken directly to the sub-ticket.
In the account-view, manuals and FAQs are available. If you have any further questions, suggestions for improvement or comments, please contact: [email protected]. Alternatively, click on “Support” in the web platform and send us your request.
Back to the Table of Contents.