Knowledge Base – Projects
In this article, you will learn about the following:
In the “Projects” view, you will get a list of your projects. Here you can also create new ones and export a list of your projects in Excel format.
1. Create and set up a project
Select “Projects” on the navigation bar (on the left) and click on the button “Create project” to create and set up a project.
2. Enter project details
Only the specification of a project name is mandatory. The other fields are optional. If you add a project image, it can be displayed on the title page of your report.
ANNOTATION! Under project details, you have the option of adding custom attributes to the project details. These attributes will also be added to PDF exports if you customize your template for export.
3. Add User
On this interface, you can assign or remove users already registered on the platform (see „USER“ for detailed information). For a user to be able to contribute to the project, he must be assigned to the project.
- Assign User: Click the green „+“-icon, to add the desired user to the project.
- Remove User: Click on the red „x“-icon to remove a user from the project. A user can not be removed from a project if tickets are still assigned to him.
- In the search box, you can search for specific users.
- If you activate the checkbox, the projects will also be synchronized for the respective user’s mobile devices.
- Each „In-house“ user can be assigned roles. This allows you to control which user is allowed to record, edit, view or delete tickets (see „ROLES“).
NOTE! Subcontractors and observers are displayed in italics.
4. Create Groups
Assuming you already created Groups under the menu „GROUPS“, you can assign them to this project accordingly.
a. Create a group.
b. Change page.
c. Entries per page.
To do this, proceed as follows:
- Select the green „+“-icon to add the respective group to the project.
- Select the desired role, of the group and select each one to be assigned as a group member.
Should the role of the group differ from the role of the individually assigned user, the role of the group is incurred. This can be changed later under “Assign user” again. To remove a group, click on the red „x“-icon.
To assign users to a group and create groups, check „GROUPS“.
- Click on „Add group“
NOTE! All forms can also be managed under the main menu item “Forms & Lists” (see „FORMS & LISTS“)
To get to the Form-Interface, click on the top right in the „Forms“-Tab. In order to be able to select forms and allocate them to the project, you must first create them under the menu „FORMS & LIST“. If you have not created one yet or want to create a new form, you can do this directly via this view by clicking on “Create form” in the upper left corner. You can find out how to create a “Form” under „FORMS & LIST“.
If the forms you want to apply exist, they can now be assigned to the project. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Select the green „+“-icon to add the respective form to the project.
- Click the red “x” if you want to remove a form from the project.
- Click here if you want to change certain form attributes.
- Make your changes (see „FORMS & LISTS“).
- The gear-icon allows you to make additional settings for the attribute.
NOTE! All forms can also be managed under the main menu “FORMS & LISTS”
To get to the list view, click on the top right in the tab “Lists”. Here you create project-bound lists.
To create project-bound lists, proceed as follows:
a. Click the “Create new project-list” button to add the list to the project.
b. Name your list
c. Create the content of your list or
d. Alternatively, import the content from an Excel file
e. Finally, click on “Save and Close”
Copy: Click this button if you want to create a similar list to an existing one. As soon as you click on the copy icon, a newly editable template appears in the last row. Click on the pencil icon to edit it accordingly.
Edit: Click this button if you want to go into the detail settings to make changes.
Delete: Click this button if you want to delete the list. A pop-up window will appear, in which you have to reaffirm the deletion or cancel.
7. Plans and Layers
Use the „Plans and Layers“-Tab to upload plans. Here, you can see the layer structure on the left. You can also rearrange the layers by holding down the left mouse button and dragging the layers in place. To do this, proceed as follows:
Create a layer
- f you want to upload a plan, click the “Create a Layer”-Button or “Select plan file”. If you would like to upload further plans, click on the “Add additional layer” button. Note that you can only upload plans in .pdf, .jpg or .png-Format.
- Name the layer.
- Arrange the plan you want to upload to a higher level (if you have already uploaded parent plans).
- When finished, click „Save“
ANNOTATION! The “Turn plan” button also gives you the option of turning your plan to the required position. Keep in mind that you can not turn your plans after that.
Download, update or delete a plan
- If you want to update or delete a plan, select it first
- Then either click on the „Update plan”, “Download” or “Delete”-Button.
After clicking „Plan updated“, the option „Choose files from your computer“ appears. Now select the new plan and then click on„Save“. In the next step, you choose whether the old ticket items are to be used or whether you want to correct them manually.
8. Export project
You can also export a list of all projects in Excel format. A zip file is created which includes previews, audio files, pictures, lists and statistics.
To do this, proceed as follows:
- Select the project you want to export from the top left drop-down menu.
- Click on “export project data” in the lower right corner.
- In the export field you can select a filter.
- Confirm by clicking on “Export”. The export process will start, and you receive a notification as soon as it is completed. The process can take a few minutes.
9. Edit project
You can also edit project details later. You can choose yourself which data you want transferred. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Click on „Projects“ on the navigation bar.
- Select the project you want to edit.
- Make your changes in the project details (for more information, see “Enter project details”)
- Click „Save Project“ to save your changes.
10. Copy a project
You can also copy your project data to a new project. You can choose yourself which data should be transferred.
To do this, select the project you want to copy in the “Projects” menu item and proceed as follows:
- On the left bottom corner of the detail page of your project you will find the “Copy project”-Button.
- Give the new project a name and choose which data to be copied. Then confirm the action with “Copy project”. As soon as the copying process is completed you will receive a notification.
11. Delete project
You also have the option to delete entire projects. Remember, however, that the data can no longer be recovered! As a precaution, a pop-up window appears in which you can confirm or cancel the deletion process before the final deletion process.
If you are certain that you want to delete a project, proceed as follows:
- In the project detail view, you will find the button at the bottom left of the screen “Delete Project”.
- Confirm the action in the Delete Project dialog box. You will receive an e-mail with the confirmation code. Enter the code and confirm the deletion of the project.
NOTE! Due to security measures, the deletion of projects is only possible to the creator of the project (the registered account owner).
12. Archive projects
If you want to remove a project from your project list, you do not have to delete it for good, but you can archive it. To do this, proceed as follows:
- In the project detail view, you will find the “Archive project” button at the bottom left of the screen.
- Confirm the action in the “Archive Project” dialog box.
NOTE! For security reasons, deleting projects is only possible for the project creator (the account owner registered with us).
13. Add cover picture
You can add a picture to each project.
In the account-view, manuals and FAQs are available. If you have any further questions, suggestions for improvement or comments, please contact: [email protected]. Alternatively, click on “Support” in the web platform and send us your request.
Back to the Table of Contents.