Digital construction log saves time and money
The construction diary provides information about all important events during the construction of a building. Thus, it plays a significant role in the evidence of delivered or missing services in the course of construction projects. The software PlanRadar automates and digitizes processes around the construction diary – this saves the companies involved time and money.
Well logged by all means
The construction diary records the construction progress as well as various occurrences on the construction site. This includes, for example, the occurrence of construction defects. Thus, the documentation around a project is an important basis for clarifying any facts and responsibilities. This may be particularly relevant when disputes need to be resolved in court. Since many defects are often only discovered years after the completion of a construction project, the clarification of the circumstances in hindsight is often difficult. Which materials were used for a every step? Who were the persons involved? Who commissioned which works? Companies that can provide complete documentation in such cases, including all facts and agreements, have a clear advantage. Researching takes less time and the chances of success in enforcing claims increase.
In addition to a precise and comprehensive record of all facts, it is also of great importance to update the construction journal regularly. In a stressful construction site environment, however, the logging of facts is not always possible – or only with hindsight. But after a long day at the construction site, even with the utmost care, mistakes or misunderstandings can occur. In addition: Especially for larger construction projects a huge amount of e-mails is sent daily between the persons involved. Thus, it is not surprising that in this flood of data important information is forgotten or lost in the course of communication with employees or external partners.
All this costs time and money. In 2019, however, things can be different.
Making processes more efficient through digitization
The solution is to use software as a digital construction diary. PlanRadar is a cloud-based software-as-a-service (Saas) solution for documenting and communicating in construction and real estate projects. It helps those responsible to ensure that all important agreements, work and other facts are accurately logged:
- Construction errors, open services and tasks are recorded during on-site visits as a photo, text or voice memo.
- Stored information is recorded as tickets on digital blueprints or in the classic list view. PlanRadar immediately notifies the responsible employees or project partners of newly created or updated tickets. This simplifies the communication and coordination of the persons involved. The contractors only see the information relevant to them, can write comments, edit the status or even add pictures. This facilitates the organization and tracking of workflows in objects.
- All stored information as well as the temporal communication course between the participants are completely recorded. Data and logs do not have to be organized and stored before and after a visit.
- Thanks to the practical filter function, tickets can be searched for specific information even across years, even after a project has been completed.
- All stored data can be exported at any time as logs in PDF or Excel format. Whether for contact with employees, contractors, or to clarify matters in court – the complete proof of delivered or missing services succeeds in no time.
- The created protocols can be customized in their scope and appearance. Depending on your wishes or requirements, certain information can be added or can be left out. You can also customize the layouts of tickets, forms, checklists, or logs. Alternatively, numerous templates are available for immediate use.
Convincing in practice
PlanRadar is used worldwide for a wide range of construction and real estate projects, from hotels to office complexes and residential buildings. The range of functions and the intuitive operation convinced our users. This is also the case with the German construction company BREMER in the course of the construction of a transhipment hall and offices in Bavaria. The software was used for documentation of the casualties as well as the fire protection documentation internally as well as in communication with all project participants. The company draws a very positive conclusion: “PlanRadar is a very good, clear, self-explanatory and structured tool that will continue to be used by us in the future. The handling is convincing, the documentation reliable.”
Available for all platforms
The fact that the software is widely accepted is also due to its flexibility. PlanRadar is available as an app on Android, iOS and Windows for all mobile devices – from smartphone to tablet. The application is used in 43 countries by companies of all sizes in different fields: construction documentation, task management, defect management, due diligence, assessments, handovers, facility management, and much more. By digitizing the described processes, users are saving up to 7 hours per week. Around the world, more than 25,000 projects are currently being processed by the application on a weekly basis.