An insightful look on the dailies of the construction project coordinator
Construction coordinators most of the time work under the supervision of a construction manager to help with the technical job on site. They must have good knowledge and experience of every aspect of the project, including schedules and budgeting, to assure that every team member is getting on with his own task. Once the first phases of the project are outlined and finished the construction coordinator helps in keeping all parts of the project organized and running according to plan. In addition to the fact that the construction coordinator should assure that the site job is going according to the company terms and policy at the end. The first step to perform your work on the best level is to exactly know your role and duties. Here are the main duties of the construction coordinator on site so you can outline your plan.
– Inspect the construction site to ensure the appropriate level of quality control in all the phases.
– Coordinate with the material supply chain to provide the needed supplies.
– Supervise and facilitates equipment and component installation to assure that every process is running due standards.
– Prepare construction progress reports from the site to be provided to the construction manager.
– Monitor the material and tools spending to stay on budget.
– Assist construction manager in preparing schedules and ensure appropriate filing and paperwork.
– Collaborate with the construction manager to provide all the safety needs.
– Maintain records of all construction dates and project costs.
– Provide the needed documents for all implementations and activities on site.
From these multiple tasks, we realize how complicated the coordinator’s job is. Utilize the benefits of technology and try PlanRadar now for 30 days free of charge to find the solution for this interference. After highlighting the tasks assigned to a construction coordinator, we will take a closer look at the different management roles within a project. Find out in this article how to manage these roles to provide a unified and productive team.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – THE FRAMEWORK
The Construction manager is the key figure of the construction project team and the first responsible stakeholder of the site. They need to coordinate between all the project teams and members to assure that the project is running according to the existing budget and timeline. Hiring a construction manager for your project represents an important milestone in your construction phase. Both owner and construction managers must understand the job duties well, so each party will know their duties and rights. Find next, the main construction managers roles and responsibilities in the project.
– Manage and oversee the day-to-day construction progress of the project on site.
– Prepare and supervise all the needed documents properly throughout the project life cycle until the project closeout.
– Coordinate with the project management team to formulate the most cost-effective plans and implement the execution of this plan afterward.
– Monitor and report project details to the project management, including progress, risks, and opportunities in a timely manner.
– Ensure all changes to specifications, jobs scope and drawings are documented and updated.
– Define clear roles and responsibilities and deliverable requirements in terms of both scope and schedule to all the team members.
– Review and be responsible for the labor force hours and the job time needed for completion.
– Monitor construction productivity and schedule performance and investigate reasons for less than satisfactory performance.
– Provide recommendations and institute measures for improvement by modification to operating work instructions.
– Adhere to company safety standards and promote safety culture in work.
– Manage risks related to the site or any kind of defect that lead to delivery.
Of course, if you are a construction manager or coordinator these countless tasks can cause a lot of stress because it is a lot to manage as one person. A Construction manager’s reputation is treated as a currency in the construction industry. The more successful project’s outcomes are the more his reputation will rise. Now to the important part, how can the construction manager handle and organize all of these tasks? An answer is a construction software. The CM needs a tool that can separate and organize his mission from documentation to tracking and connecting with all the project participants. He should always keep an eye on his email at the same time he should help his team to achieve the best job performance. PlanRadar is the best choice and solution for this maze of tasks. Available on any mobile device, you now have an application in your pocket that stores all your important documents. Mark up defects directly on the app to keep track of project defects, including their completion status. You can try the application for 30 days now for free and let yourself be convinced of the support it provides your projects.
PROJECT MANAGER FOR CONSTRUCTION COMPANY – BENEFITS AND GAINS
Going from down to up in the management hierarchy structure and post talking about the main role of the construction coordinator and manager, we now go for a higher position which is the project manager. The project manager role is the head of all construction project teams. Basically, the project manager is responsible for all the main decisions within the project, including the project cost, quality, time scope, communication processes, workflows and risk procurement. Each one of these categories includes different tasks that the project manager is responsible for, like:
– Understanding the needs of the stakeholders and target group.
– Planning a feasible and ambitious management plan that effectively works towards the aims of the owners.
– Creating and tracking suitable budgets and schedules.
– Designing a team structure.
– Managing and tracking the project progress.
– Define the risk assessment that he will implement in the project.
– Monitor and manage any anticipated defect.
– Connect the management team and enhance productivity.
– Deliver the facility in a high-quality, on time and within budget.MANAGING DIFFERENT ROLES IN CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS TO ACHIEVE THE BEST PRODUCTIVITY LEVEL AT WORK
To build a construction management team means that you are going to involve a large number of people with different backgrounds and with different capabilities within the same working environment. The structure of the project team tends to change throughout the project duration which increases the challenge of this job. The question is how to build a unified and integrated management team that can work independently on the highest productivity levels. First, it is important that roles and jobs descriptions are clearly defined in the kick-off meeting coupled with demonstrating the firm’s policy and terms. This is usually displayed in a matrix that includes all project members with their roles assigned next to their names. Second, one of the main pillars a team depend on is exchanging experience, that’s the optimal way to avoid post execution problems. Third, facilitate effective communication between all the team members to assure that they are all connected to each other using a more updatable tool than email. The fourth part is to put a strategy for managing and increasing your team efficiency including the main practices you need to follow to unify their working target in the project. These practices may include:
– Define the target goal of the project.
– Setting clear actions, processes, and tasks to avoid misunderstandings and miscommunication.
– Discussing your risk management plan with your team to be developed and maintained.
– Analyzing the project’s critical pass, starting with the main project challenges and how you are going to overcome them with steps.
– Setting realistic deadlines to avoid delays.
– Sharing your experience with the rest of the team and enhance their skills by offering some training or source of knowledge.
– Building a good relationship with the team even out of work to minimize the working pressure.
– Paying attention to the details, even from the trivial issues bigger problems can arise
Last but not least, utilize the recent technological tools in your job and provide your team with construction software that will assist them in their work via an all in one email -free connecting platform. Planradar holds this job for you as the software provides a team connecting chat, documenting feature and ticketing system for managing construction projects. Choosing the suitable coordinator software minimizes the work tension and supports team collaboration. Take the chance now to try PlanRadar for 30 days free of charge and if you have any further inquiries you can contact our customer care center anytime.